Lebanon Baptist Church was established in September of 1879 in the town of Lebanon, TX. The town of Lebanon was located on Preston Rd./Hwy 289 about a mile north of the intersection at Hwy 121 and Preston Rd. Lebanon consisted of several farm families, a school, and a few other buildings and was a thriving small town until the railroad come through and the City of Frisco was established. Many businesses decided to relocate to Main St. in Frisco in order to be near the train depot but the Lebanon school remained and Lebanon Baptist Church continued to serve the various families in the surrounding area. Over time Frisco continued to grow and expand and the town of Lebanon was annexed into the City of Frisco.
The Church was organized officially on September 28, 1879 by J. B Kimbrough with 21 charter members and the first building was dedicated in September of 1883.
LBC was part of the Elm Fork Association which was discontinued and Lebanon BC joined the Collin Baptist Association in 1886. In March of 1904 a powerful storm came through the area and the sanctuary was destroyed.
In September of 1904 a new sanctuary was dedicated and this sanctuary remained their primary worship building until 2003. Today, this sanctuary resides in the Heritage Village Museum area of the City of Frisco
In April of 2006 we held our first worship service, Easter Sunday, in our present facility
Throughout the years Lebanon BC has had many pastors, several of whom were itinerant preachers or share croppers who were passing through and only remained in the area for a few years. A few, however, had lengthy tenures; L. T. Grumbles 1925-43, Banks Dishman 1963-75, and John Wade 1976-85. Our current pastor, Dr. Ray Wilkins, has been at Lebanon since 2001.